Happy Independence Day 2013!
The 4th of July for me means family. BBQ, relaxing and fireworks. We were able to hit 3 of the 4 this year.
I started out the day by waking up early and making breakfast for my family. I wanted to try one of the breakfasts that I have seen on pinterest a few times. Jacob is obsessed with carbs, so I needed to find a way to get him to eat his eggs as well as his toast. So I tried cooking his egg into an English muffin. It seemed to work, however being the paranoid mom that I am, I overcooked his egg :-(
Every time he took a bite, he would just spit it out. Oh well. At least I know for next time that he will eat it.
After breakfast, Jacob wanted to watch Curious George and play around. Andy and I were wrestling with him on the ground and he started to get rough with me. He sat on top of my head and started bouncing. I know it's not good to commend that kind of behavior, but I couldn't stop laughing. He was giggling and having such a good time that I didn't want to stop him.
After playing, it was nap time for Jacob and cleaning time for mommy and daddy. We had promised each other that we would get the garage cleaned out no matter how we were feeling or how hot it was outside. So we teamed up and got the garage reorganized in less than 2 hours! So awesome! Now I might have some space so that I can craft. I have a few dressers to re-finish (more posts to come about those).
Jacob only napped for about an hour (which made him Mr. Cranky Pants the rest of the night) but we had to get him ready for company anyway.
Andy's parents came over to spend the day with us and brought over all kinds of yummy treats. Bill is awesome at grilling, so he maned the grill while teaching Andy the in's and out's of grilling a basic burger. Andy was vegetarian for 7 years, so the grill wasn't exactly on things to learn. We also had baked beans, salad, cut up pieces of watermelon, amazing red, white, and blue potato salad from Fry's (red potato salad with bacon & blue cheese). Then for desert we had apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Can't get anymore American than that, right?
Jacob loves having his Nana and Papa over. They are so good about playing with him. They wheeled him around in his wagon which is one of his favorite things to do. They also brought over some American flags for decoration that he wound up playing with by the end of night.
Unfortunately Jacob fell asleep by 7:30, so we weren't able to go see any fireworks this year. It's ok, at about 10:30 (when I just fallen asleep) our neighbors decided to start shooting off some in the backyard. So I did see about 5 go up from the window :-)
Overall it was a pretty great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment