Sunday, October 16, 2011

How it all began....


     This classroom is where it all began.  We both were in our first year at the Art Institute of Phoenix in January 2007.  The class was called Introduction to Design and Andy walked in a bit late for our first class.  There were only two seats left and of course Andy picked the one with the broken drafting table.  After trying to adjust it and hitting his head with the table, I offered Andy the seat next to me and let him know that "I don't bite."  He just snickered and moved his belongings to the table next to mine.  I had recognized him from our future freshman orientation as the creepy guy with all of the tattoos and piercings. Little did I know what an amazing man he really was.  
    We chatted often in class about our families and what we hoped to do with our degrees when we were finally done.  We soon realized that we had a lot in common.  There were so many similarities with how we were raised and our family values.  It only took about 3 weeks for me to start crushing on him.  I didn't know how he felt and so began the innocent flirting.  He was pretty oblivious to it at first, but I could tell that there was something special between us.  By this time we had made some mutual friends in our class and decided to go out to a basketball game together.  We had a great time and made plans to go out again.  Our friend Lindsay's birthday was coming up and we all decided that that would be the night that we would go out.  I figured that this was my opportunity to lay it on thick with Andy.  
    About a week later we all met at Lindsay's place to head out for her big birthday bash in Scottsdale.  I got all dolled up and was ready for the night.   The place we were going, Martini Ranch, wasn't exactly Andy's cup of tea, but he just wanted to celebrate with Lindsay.  We were all having a great time...drinking, laughing and taking silly pictures.  Andy announced about half way through the night that he was going to have to leave early since he had to be at school at 8am the next morning.  I tried and tried to get him to stay, but he just wasn't budging.  I told him to come dance with me for a bit before he left.  He was hesitant, but finally gave in.  There was definite chemistry between us and I wanted him to know how I was feeling.  It was too loud in there to talk, so being the extremely forward and open girl that I am, I just planted a kiss right on his lips.  And by the way he smiled, I could tell that the feeling was mutual.  He only stayed for a few minutes longer but then had to go. I was so happy how the night had turned out!  I was a giddy mess when he left and knew that it was the beginning of something good.  




   The next day we spent the whole day talking for hours and making plans to get together again outside of school.  He asked me on a "proper" date to his place so that he could make me dinner.  Our first date was amazing!  He made me vegetarian chicken fettuccine alfredo, fresh alfredo sauce.  I was quite impressed.  He had bought a bottle of wine and we just sat at the table eating, drinking wine, and laughing.  We decided to play video games the rest of  night, where I beat him fare and square in many rounds of Soul Caliber II.   He told me that he was pretty impressed with my video gaming skills, but little did he know that I all I was doing was smashing buttons.  
   After that day, we were pretty much inseparable.  It didn't take long for us to fall in love and know that this was going to be our happy ending.  We met each others families soon after where both of us fit right in.  It was the first time that my brother had actually accepted one my boyfriends.  I knew then that it would last forever.  After 9 months of dating and spending countless hours together, Andy popped the question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment